Picture of a Swan on a Lake
State Bar of California
United States Tax Court
United States District Court
Expertise - Best Bankruptcy Lawyers in Chula Vista
Expertise - Best Bankruptcy Lawyers in San Diego

San Diego Payroll Tax Lawyer

If your business has employees, you are obligated by federal law to withhold from employee paychecks certain sums for withheld tax and Social Security. The IRS refers to these sums withheld as trust funds, because these funds are government funds which must be remitted on a timely basis to the IRS.

It is not uncommon for a business to encounter a shortfall in revenue, such that in order to keep the doors of the business open, funds that are otherwise payable to the IRS are diverted to the payment of other expenses. The first time that a business owner chooses to skip the payment of the withheld payroll tax, no alarm bell sounds and no notices are received.

My clients with payroll problems have consistently recounted that their intent was to skip just one payment of payroll tax and make up for the nonpayment right away. Experience has shown that in a typical situation, there are several instances of the failure to remit the payroll tax, which most certainly will cause the IRS to pay you a visit.

It is possible to work out a payment plan on overdue payroll taxes, but there cannot be any future payroll tax delinquencies. If a business consistently fails to remit payroll taxes when due, the IRS has legal authority to shut down the business and sell assets to generate revenue for the overdue payroll tax.

A troublesome aspect of the failure to pay corporate payroll tax relates to the assessment of what the IRS refers to as the “trust fund recovery penalty.” In assessing the trust fund recovery penalty, the IRS will transfer personal tax liability to responsible persons within the corporation with regard to withheld taxes and Social Security that were not paid by the corporation.

Learn how to protect yourself and your family, and identify the specific options that will work for you in ending your IRS nightmare!

Call our office at (619) 501-5251 for a Free Consultation that could change your life!

Client Reviews
David has been my attorney for several years and has helped me walk through major life changing situations with compassion and understanding and good legal and personal advice. My IRS debt is about a thing of the past and my state tax is now handled as well. I can recommend Dave for his tax and legal expertise. Tobin
When I contacted David Greenberg, I owed the IRS over $150,000 and he was able to help me have those payments discharged. I am forever thankful. David is always there for me when I call and I have referred him to friends who have also hired him with excellent results. I can't say enough wonderful things about Mr. Greenberg and his staff. John
He is a super big help with tax problems. He is very informative, knows exactly what to do & when. He is also sympathetic & understanding; knows what to say to calm all fears & worries. Furthermore, he works his hardest to ensure comfortable payment plans or alternative discount methods to ease any financial obligations. He is a great asset to those in need of tax resolutions. Debbie
What can I say about David other than he is a genius and knows his tax law. In 2009 I was hit extremely hard by the financial meltdown. I contacted David to help my wife and I through a personal bankruptcy and a 6 digit IRS Tax Lien. He was wonderful to work with and walked us through the whole process. The biggest hurdle was the IRS Tax debt. What an amazing job David performed. It took some time, as he said it would. The IRS agreed to an Offer and Conpromise and forgave 97% of the debt. I would highly recommend David Greenberg for any Tax or Bankruptcy issues. He is amazing. Fred
Attorney David Greenberg, assisted me with a tax issue and kept the IRS from just randomly taking money while resolving the issue. He is polite,attentive and willing to help his clients. I wholeheartedly recommend David Greenberg, for any tax issues you may be facing. Anthony
Free Consultation (619) 501-5251